uima-user mailing list archives

From vinod <vkag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: annotation type
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:09:24 GMT
Marshall Schor <msa@...> writes:

> In your test case below, can you print out the actual
type of the class held in
> the variable uimaTypeClass?
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 4/10/2012 11:10 PM, vinod wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a very basic question on Annotation type and
> > would appreciate any pointers.
> >
> > I am using reflection to create an instance of an annotation,
> > before I add it to the cas, I want to check to
> > see if there is an instance of that type in the cas.
However, the line
> > 'jcas.getJFSIndexRepository().getAnnotationIndex(ann.type).iterator();'
> > below returns a non-zero set
> > containing DocumentAnnotation!
> >
> > <pre>
> >    Class uimaTypeClass = Class.forName(objectName);
> >    Class[] constructorArgs = {JCas.class};
> >    Object[] constructorArgVals = {jcas};
> >
> >    Constructor constructor =
uimaTypeClass.getConstructor(constructorArgs);
> >    Annotation ann =
(Annotation)constructor.newInstance(constructorArgVals);

> >    Iterator itr =
 jcas.getJFSIndexRepository().getAnnotationIndex(ann.type).iterator();

> >    if(itr.hasNext()){
> > 	ann = (Annotation)itr.next();
> >    }
> > </pre>
> >
> > Thanks.

Yes, in fact, I do get an instance and a correct one too
using the code in my original post. I am just not
been able to get an iterator using the resulting annotation
(ann in this case).

Thanks.