uima-user mailing list archives

From Eric Riebling <e...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Running UIMA on a cluster
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:59:56 GMT
We've had success deploying annotators on cluster nodes (using UIMA-AS
deployment descriptors) registered to a UIMA-AS broker running on the
head node.  If the cluster use shared data folders, you only need to
put the code in one place for it to 'appear' on all nodes.

Then we run a collection reader and CAS consumer on the head node,
with the amount of scale-out specified on the command line of
runRemoteAsyncAE.sh, something like this:

   $UIMA_HOME/bin/runRemoteAsyncAE.sh -c (path.to)XmiCollectionReader.xml tcp://localhost:6
1616 (name of deployed service) -p (number of nodes) -o output_foldername

With enough scale-out, the limiting factor becomes the speed of the CR
and CC on the head node.  This is the briefest explanation I can give,
not sure it's a 'best practice' but it works. :)

--
Eric Riebling                 Senior Systems Programmer
http://ericriebling.com       CMU Language Technologies Institute