uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Repackaging an unpackaged pear file
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:04:03 GMT
On 26/04/12 18:10, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Thanks Thilo.
>
> Could you unzip the pear with an unzipper, and do the change to fix the
> file path and then zip it back up again?  That way the variable
> replacement stuff wouldn't run.
>
> -Marshall

Yes but you need the original pear to do that.  If somebody
installed the pear, made modifications and then just zipped
it up, it wouldn't work.  On the other hand, a pear that was
just unzipped, not installed, will not run.  It was my
understanding that the original poster did not in fact have
the original pear file.

So what you do, and I suspect that is what Jens also does,
is install the pear, run it, make modifications, and then
migrate your changes from the installed pear into the zip
file.  That works, but it's not exactly a smooth process.

--Thilo