uima-user mailing list archives

From Eric Riebling <e...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject CAS Editor instructions
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:08:48 GMT
I've been using UIMA for years and years, but I am completely stumped
trying to run the CAS Editor.  Is anyone expert enough to provide an
actual step-by-step guide for getting the CAS Editor to appear, given
an existing type system and annotated XMI?

I have tried everything in the instructions, but keep getting error
messages.  First, missing type system.  After RENAMING and putting
in the root of project, complaint that document is not in a corpus
folder.  Explanation how to create a corpus folder is vague and
confusing.

I guess I'm hoping for STEP BY STEP instructions of exactly what to
click and type in Eclipse, and what should happen at each stage, as
far as expected output.  Discouragingly, nothing I try looks like the pictures
in the UIMA Tools Guide and Reference.

What I'm really hoping for are instructions so clear that 'even faculty' can
follow them to add annotations to documents, provided the documents and
type system are already set up. :)