uima-user mailing list archives

From Arun Tewatia <arun.tewa...@orkash.com>
Subject UIMA-AS node failure
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 06:35:59 GMT
Dear all,

I have been trying to configure node failure recovery for my uima-as cluster.
Following are my error configuration for one remote delegate

<delegates>
<remoteAnalysisEngine key="XY" >
<inputQueue endpoint="XYQueue" brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
<asyncAggregateErrorConfiguration>
<getMetadataErrors maxRetries="2" timeout="100000" errorAction="disable"/>
<processCasErrors maxRetries="5" continueOnRetryFailure="true" thresholdCount="100"
thresholdWindow="1000" thresholdAction="terminate"/>
</asyncAggregateErrorConfiguration>
<remoteAnalysisEngine>
</delegates>

As I understand from uima-as documentation, if maxRetries>0 & continueOnRetryFailure="true"
CAS is saved before sending to remote delegate. But when my node fails the documents sent
to the failing node are missed out, they are not processed. They are not resent for processing
to another node running the same remote analysis engine XY.

Am I missing something ?

Cheers
Arun Tewatia