uima-user mailing list archives

From Frank Enders <end...@averbis.de>
Subject UIMA AS: Invalid destination after broker restart
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:25:05 GMT
Dear all,

I am having problems in a UIMA AS 2.3.1 setting when restarting the
broker while endpoints are currently running and deployed to it.
After restarting the broker, JMS states correct reconnection to the
queues. But when sending a request to the endpoint I get the following
error:

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: Cannot publish to a deleted
Destination: temp-queue://ID:xubuntu-VirtualBox-59422-1328615372283-0:1:1
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1696)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:231)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducerSupport.send(ActiveMQMessageProducerSupport.java:300)
	at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.send(JmsEndpointConnection_impl.java:572)
	at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.sendReply(JmsOutputChannel.java:796)
	at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsInputChannel.onMessage(JmsInputChannel.java:637)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doInvokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:535)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.invokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:495)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doExecuteListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:467)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.doReceiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:323)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.receiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:261)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.invokeListener(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:1056)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.executeOngoingLoop(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:1048)
	at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:947)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.uima.aae.UimaAsThreadFactory$1.run(UimaAsThreadFactory.java:118)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Feb 7, 2012 12:52:25 PM
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl
handleJmsException
INFO: >>>> Controller: LanguageGuesser_AAE - Failed to Send Message To
Queue: : temp-queue://ID:xubuntu-VirtualBox-59422-1328615372283-0:1:1.
The Queue Has Been Deleted From
Broker:failover:tcp://xubuntu-VirtualBox:61616.

I found a similar thread in this mailinglist (subject: "Lost Connection
to Delegate", 22.03.2011) dealing with problems of remote delegates when
restarting the broker.
It was associated with this JIRA ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2105
Although my AAE only uses colocated delegates I tried the current
UIMA-AS trunk, hoping the fix would perhaps affect my scenario as well.
But it doesn't seems to have any effect. I still get the error.

I also tried to adjust error processing within the deployment descriptor to
<processCasErrors maxRetries="1" timeout="15000" thresholdCount="1"
thresholdAction="terminate" />
as suggested in the thread mentioned above, but that didn't help neither.

Any ideas? Are there any configuration parameters, which have to be
taken into consideration when deploying an endpoint in order to survive
a broker restart? Or is it just a bug?

Thanks and all the best, Frank