uima-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Klenner <alexander.garvin.klen...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject CasMultiplier gets same CAS every time next() is called
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 13:30:03 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with a CasMultiplier, it calls it's public AbstractCAS next() method as often
as expected, but as long as my CASMultiplier is running, there are no CASes given to any succeeding
AEs.  Only one CAS is passed from the CasMultiplier after the last call of next().

I tried to debug this and just printed the CAS that is returned by the framework by calling:

JCas jcas = null;
jcas = getEmptyCAS().getJCas();
System.out.println(jcas.toString());

,inside the next() method.

This jcas happens to have the exact same object-id (e.g org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl@6708f8e0)
for every call of next() method in one run. My CasMultiplier is supposed to create 4 CASes
and next() is actually called 4 times but somehow no new CASes are given by the framework,
id seems to loop over the same object all the time and the last call of next() releases this
CAS to the processing framework...

Any ideas?

Best,

Alex

--
Alexander G. Klenner
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)