uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [UIMA AS] example descriptor UIMA AS aggregate
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:46:59 GMT
Hi,

Did you read and understand the UIMA-AS Getting Started?  You can find a link to
it on the Documentation page (scroll to the bottom), or just use this link
http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaas-what.html

It describes the relationship of the two descriptors.  The basic idea: The
descriptor you point to with topDescriptor is a **non-UIMA-AS** plain UIMA
descriptor - it doesn't have any information about deploying in a "scaled-out"
environment using UIMA-AS.

The UIMA-AS descriptor is intended to re-use the plain UIMA descriptor, but add
information to it that describes scale-out details (only).

That's why there are two.

-Marshall