uima-user mailing list archives

From "Coarr, Matt" <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject jcas, annotation, address, and id
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:33:36 GMT
I have a couple questions…

First, is the getAddress() method on Annotation (derived from FeatureStructureImpl according
to the javadocs) the same value as the "id" value in the xmi serialization?

Second, how can I lookup an annotation in the jcas based on the annotation's address value?
 I've recently figured out how to use annotation index, iterators, and constraints (at least
the basics) for filtering based on values defined on the annotation within the type system.

I haven't seen a way to search the jcas for an annotation with a specific address (e.g. Id).
 Any pointers?

Thanks!
Matt