uima-user mailing list archives

From Xue-Feng Yang <just4l...@yahoo.com>
Subject ResourceInitializationException in CAS Editor in eclipse indigo
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:57:01 GMT
I didn't used CAS Editor to edit descriptors xml until today. I used an CAS Editor's other
features and used an XML Editor for XML copy/paste and modification.

Today, I met a strange thing. When I modified descriptors by CAS Editor, it threw an exception.
Then I played around. I found all examples in uima package had the same problem. Here is the
error message for example 1.

The Descriptor is invalid for the following reason:
ResourceInitializationException: Annotator class
"org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator" was not found(Descriptor:
file:/C:/uima/examples/desciptors/tutorial/ex1/RoomNumber
Annotator.xml)

Caused by: ClassNotFoundExcption:
org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator

I don't have any problem for using  CAS Editor's other features. The installation is step
by step to follow overview_and_setup.pdf except eclipse which was installed before.

I am wondering if this is a problem in my developing environment. I use

Eclipse Indigo
Windows 7 64bits

ThinkPad W520

Xue-Feng