uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA and audio documents
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:11:23 GMT
Check the Sandbox entry for the GALE Multi-Modal Example at
http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html#gale.multimodal.example
We developed a typesystem that contained a basic type (org.gale.AudioSpan)
that is an analog to Annotation.  The begin & end features are in (float)
seconds relative to the sofa data.  We didn't put the audio in the CAS, but
used the setSofaDataURI method to provide a URI reference and mimetype
describing the format of the audio.   AudioSpan and its subtypes are in the
GaleSpeechTypes descriptor.  I have promised to add some sample code
illustrating how we used this typesystem for a task involving speech
recognition and machine translation ... hopefully within the next few weeks
....!

- Burn.