uima-user mailing list archives

From Arun Tewatia <arun.tewa...@orkash.com>
Subject UIMA-AS CAS consumers of different Clients using same connection to Database
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:19:17 GMT
Hi all,
I am using UIMA-AS 2.3.0 release. I run an aggregate with 2 Cas
consumers written in deployment descriptor.

The cas consumers output processed data in Postgres database server. I
close the connection created with the database at the end in the cas
consumers.

When i send request from 1 client, it works fine. The data is written to
database and all connections with the database are released after
completion. But when i send request from 2 or more clients
simultaneously, then in that case, as the processing of 1st client
completes, the processing of other clients halts immediately giving
error " The Connection is closed ".

When i comment out the lines closing the connection at the end of cas
consumers, it works fine. But then the connections to database are not
released and hence the RAM utilization keeps on increasing until all of
the available memory is consumed. So it looks like all the cas consumers
of different client requests are using the same connections to database.

What can be possible cause of this ? I think each client should create
it's own new connections to database !

Thanks
Arun Tewatia !