uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Sandbox: LuCas Lucene update
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:00:15 GMT
  Hey all,

back in January, I had the need to have the CAS Lucene indexer (LuCas,
UIMA Sandbox component) working with Lucene 2.9.x. So I checked it out
from the Sandbox SVN, updated the libraries and fixed the compiling
bugs. The result is a LuCas component working with Lucene 2.9.3. At
least all tests are working and I used the component (together with Solr
which was why I needed Lucene 2.9.x) successfully.
The changes needed were not too big as I did not take the leap to Lucene
3.x. Some filters have been updated to the new Token API and one or two
classes required a more or less complete rewrite until the tests would
work again.

So, my question: Would it be desirable to commit these changes back to
the Sandbox SVN? Which steps would have I have to take for this? Or
should I just send my sources to a developer? The component has been
created in my lab originally, but the developer has moved to another
working place quite a while ago.

Best regards,

     Erik