uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: How to override hashCode for a feature structure ?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:40:44 GMT
I think the framework may be making more assumptions about feature structure
hashcodes and equals.

It might be better to use some kind of aggregation in your annotator, instead of
subclassing.  The idea would be to create a new Java class which contained a
reference to the feature structure instance, but implemented whatever you needed
for hashcode and equals.  This would then be outside of any object that the UIMA
Framework would know about, so you couldn't break anything...

This would cost an extra Java object per feature structure, however, unless your
application already was making use of a similar kind of object for other reasons...

-Marshall