uima-user mailing list archives

From Ted Pedersen <tpede...@d.umn.edu>
Subject Re: Watson powered by UIMA
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:59:46 GMT
Greetings all,

The following is a rather nice summary that highlights the use of both
UIMA and Hadoop in Watson.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/apache-innovation-bolsters-ibms-smartest-machine-on-earth-in-first-ever-man-vs-machine-competition-on-jeopardy-quiz-show-116151274.html

This also mentions UIMA and Hadoop, and gives some hardware details...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/21/ibm_watson_qa_system/

But my favorite part is Prolog. :) Dear old rumply lovable Prolog. PROLOG!

I looked around the apache UIMA site and didn't see anything specific
about supporting Prolog though - is that included in the generic UIMA
or is this some specific IBM add-on?

Thanks!
Ted

--