uima-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Kumar <anujs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can UIMA extract postal address information from text?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:16:06 GMT
Hi Drew,

UIMA is an architecture and you can definitely plug in an algorithm to get
your mailing address. This can be accomplished using some of the annotators
provided out of the box by UIMA.

A simple way to accomplish this will be to have a dictionary of the
countries, cities, street addresses, etc. and then use the dictionary,
concept mapper or similar annotators that suit your need.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Anuj