uima-user mailing list archives

From Tudor <this.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject (newbie) creating an Aggregate AE
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:25:10 GMT
Hello,

I've successully made my own uima components and I'd like to connect them into
an aggregate.(I used the following tutorial and I'm running them via the class
described in section 9 here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/
tutorials/ws-uima/section9.html )

Now, I've been reading through apache uima docs for days now, but there
doesn't seem to be any sort of step by step guide.
For instance, this doesn't help at all:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/
docs/html/overview_and_setup/
overview_and_setup.html#ugr.ovv.conceptual.aggregate_analysis_engines

Following this link however,
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/
tutorials_and_users_guides/
tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.building_aggregates
-I was able to create an aggregate descriptor, with
my components as the delegates and a Fixed Flow.

But what the heck do I do next? I need a class that would take the input, call
the aggregate and print the output, and to do that I obviously need more than
just an aggregate descriptor. But there aren't any tutorials/guides/examples
of what to do next, anywhere.

Please help. :(