uima-user mailing list archives

From A. Schaller <an.sch...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Initialization of annotator class &quot;foo&quot; failed.
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:07:00 GMT
Thilo Götz <twgoetz@...> writes:

> Does your class really live in
> Lesson4/src/de.tudarmstadt.ukp.teaching.tutorial.lesson4/PosTagger.java?
> Shouldn't that be de/tudarmstadt/upk/...?
>
> --Thilo
>
> On 11/22/2010 10:30, A. Schaller wrote:
> > Hey together,
> >
> > I am having troubles with UIMA running a AE Descriptor or CPE Descriptor.
When I
> > try to run one of these with run configuriation "UIMA Run AE", "UIMA Run
CPE" or
> > "UIMA CAS Visual Debugger" I get the error:
> >
> > Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
> > Initialization of annotator class "foo" failed.
> >
> > Where foo is the corresponding *.java file. The strange thing is: When i am
> > going through the RoomNumberAnnotator example (http://uima.apache.org/doc-
uima-
> > annotator.html) everything works fine and compiles nicely.

Hi Thilo,

indeed it resides ind de/tudarmstadt/upk/... etc.

i just wrote it down like it was displayed in Eclipse. The path to the java file
is definitely correct. I guess the error must be caused by some kind of
misconfiguration of data or class path? I just don't know how to proceed since i
tried several different configurations