uima-user mailing list archives

From Erik-Lân Do Dinh <fatthep...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing UIMA on W7
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:47:27 GMT
Thilo Götz <twgoetz@...> writes:

> I think the problem is not the UIMA install path, but the Java install
> path.  It chokes on the closing paren of the (x86) part (great idea, MS).
>
> I don't have the time to try this now, but try replacing
> if "%JAVA_HOME%"=="" (set UIMA_JAVA_CALL=java) else (set
> UIMA_JAVA_CALL=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java)
>
> with
>
> if "%JAVA_HOME%"=="" (set UIMA_JAVA_CALL=java) else set
> "UIMA_JAVA_CALL=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"

Spot on. I changed it in adjustExamplePaths.bat as well as in runUimaClass.bat.
With apache-uima directly on C:, this works now, and the Document Analyzer GUI
pops up. Like you mentioned, the (x86) seems to be the culprit - when I have
apache-uima in the program files (x86) dir installed, I would have to change
much more in the script files. Alas, it now works from C:, thats all I need.

Thank you very much for your quick help.
Erik-Lân