uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Turbati <turb...@info.uniroma2.it>
Subject create complex Type System
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:44:16 GMT
  Hello,
I'm new to the UIMA AAE and I was able to create a "simple" AAE by
putting different AE together without any real interaction between them.
I'd like to go further and compose an AAE in which the type returned is
not just the set of simple types from the AEs, but it is a new Type in
which the elements are connected and interact in some way.
So for example if I have 3 simple AEs:

    * The first recognises *first name*
    * The second the* last name*
    * The third  the *title *(Mr. Miss, Mrs, etc.)

I'd like to create an AAE in which I have as an output just one type
that is able to identify for example "Mr. Andrea Turbati"as one
annotation and not as three different ones.

I'd like to do the composition not manually but from a java application
at runtime.

Thanks

Andrea Turbati

Dott. Andrea Turbati

AI Research Group PhD student,

Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

e_mail: turbati@info.uniroma2.it

home page: http://art.uniroma2.it/turbati/