uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Type Priorities, Analysis Engines and one CAS
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:00:49 GMT
  Hi,

I stumbled over some unexpected behavior of the type priorities:

If I create a CAS using a type system descriptor and then process this
CAS with an analysis engine that specified type priorities, then the
analysis engine does not apply them when iterating over the index.
However, the priorities are applied, if the analysis engine descriptor
is used in order to create the CAS.

Is this an intended behavior?
Can two analysis engines with contradictory type priorities process the
same CAS in custom java code?
Is there a way to enforce the usage of the type priorities at processing
time, especially when they are not specified at the creation of the CAS?

In my source code, I added now the type priorities to the
CasCreationUtils.createCAS() method, but that is an unwanted dependency
to - at this point - unknown analysis engine.

thanks in advance

Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/