uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Turbati <turb...@info.uniroma2.it>
Subject printing features values
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:04:36 GMT
  Hi all,
I'm trying to make a simple function which take an annotation and a Type
and print all the value associated with all the feature present in the Type.
This is the recursive function:

public void printTypeSystem(Type uimaType, Annotation annotation, int
level){
         String levelString="\t";
         for (int i=0; i<level; ++i)
             levelString += "\t";
         List <Feature> feauturesList = uimaType.getFeatures();
         if(level == 1)
             System.out.println("T.S. = "+uimaType.getName());
         for(int i=0; i<feauturesList.size(); ++i){
             Feature feature = (Feature) feauturesList.get(i);
             String nameFeat = feature.getName();
             if(!nameFeat.startsWith("uima.")){
                 Type typeRange = feature.getRange();
                 if(typeRange.isPrimitive()){
                     String value =
annotation.getFeatureValueAsString(feature);
                     System.out.println(levelString+"F: "+nameFeat+" =
"+" V: "+value);
                 }
                 else{
                     System.out.println(levelString+"F: "+nameFeat+" =
"+" TS: "+typeRange.getName());
                     printTypeSystem(typeRange, annotation, level+1);
                 }
             }
         }
     }

The problem is that I'm able to print only the values associated with
the "first level" of features (when they are primitive). If for example
a Type has a feature that as a value as another Type (the else in the
source code) when I do annotation.getFeatureValueAsString(feature) to
print the values associated with the feature of this "inside" Type all I
get is an empty String (not an error or a null value).

Is there a problem in my code or the error is somewhere else?

Thanks

Andrea Turbati

Dott. Andrea Turbati

AI Research Group PhD student,

Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

e_mail: turbati@info.uniroma2.it

home page: http://art.uniroma2.it/turbati/