uima-user mailing list archives

From Philip Ogren <phi...@ogren.info>
Subject Re: View vs. JCas as process() argument
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:47:20 GMT
Armin,

This looks vaguely like something you might be tempted to try when using
uimaFIT (as you recently mentioned you were using.)  I believe that the
"UIMA way" is to leave your analysis engine unaware of what view it
should work on (assuming the analysis engine works on a single view) and
then at run time use a sofa mapping to decide which view it actually
works on.  The easiest way to set this up in uimaFIT is to use the
AggregateBuilder class which has an add method that looks something like
this:

builder.add(analysisEngineDescription, CAS.NAME_DEFAULT_SOFA, "ViewA");

Hope this helps.

Philip