uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA AS - CAS consumer patterns
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:02:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Diman Karagiozov <diman@tetracom.com> wrote:
> Somehow, I have to set the client ID but I do not want to add it in the CAS
> as annotation. Is there another way to add such information that is later
> available in the process methods of the primitive engines?

The interface between user's annotator code and the UIMA framework is unchanged
when running as a UIMA AS service. If the framework did support making
some client
info available, what would it be: the host name? the host IP addr?
This would not be
helpful if more than one client were running on the same machine.

Why not put your application specific client info in the CAS?

Eddie