uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Matthias Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: maven src directory for generated code
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:30:35 GMT
Hello Philip,

> So, I would much rather have the generated
> code put into a different source folder that has only generated code in
> it.  Something like src/generated/java or src/output/java or whatever
> the convention is.  My question is whether or not there is a convention
> and if so could someone point me to a project that does something like this?

my understanding is that target/generated-sources/<toolname> is appropriate - I've seen
this in a couple of instances. This is also what is mentioned in the NetBeans wiki on Maven
best practices:

> If your project contains generated source roots that need to appear in the project's
source path, please make sure that the Maven plugin generating the sources generates them
in the target/generated-sources/<toolname> directory where <toolname> is folder
specific to the Maven plugin used and acts as source root for the generated sources. Most
common maven plugins currently follow this pattern in the default configuration.

(Source: http://wiki.netbeans.org/MavenBestPractices#Open_existing_project)

There is also a Maven plugin which allows to add folders to the Maven source folders list.
This may help if e.g. Eclipse does not properly pick up the folder:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html

Cheers,

Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
phone +49 (6151) 16-7477, fax -5455, room S2/02/E225
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de