uima-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wulfert <karl-philipp.wulf...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Problem with PearPackagingPlugin
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:17:47 GMT
Dear developers of UIMA,

i have a problem with the currrent version of UIMA. I'm using it at work to
package PEARs of projects that colleagues of mine are creating. I don't have
to deal with the hole programming stuff of the PEARs. I just have to package
them...
Therefore i was trying to more or likely make it for our needs automatically
triggerable. I just want to tick a button and my script creates the pear
with the data from the SVN repo.

The problem is, that my colleagues are using custom install.xml's for their
projects to "find_and_replace_path" the pathes to the resources they need
but the PearPackagingPlugin creates a whole new install.xml when i package
the pear with it.
We recently discussed the UIMA datapath... But is there any other way to use
the PearPackagingPlugin with "absolutely referenced" resources and the
find_and_replace_path action in the custom install.xml like telling the
plugin to use an existing install.xml? Another issue are the settings for
environment and JDK and so on in the install.xml that are overwritten too by
the plugin.

Best regards,

Karl
Karl-Philipp Wulfert