uima-user mailing list archives

From Geir Pettersen <gei...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA for simple dictionary/matching functionality
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:14:02 GMT
I need to create a dictionary/matcher API for my project

The dictionary supports managing entries (words and phrases) and the
matcher processes text and returns all dictionary entries that was found in
the particular text.

I discovered the Apache UIMA project which supports annonating text based
on dictionaries.

Can anyone please answer if they think UIMA is appropriate for my use (if
not, any suggestions on alternatives)? If yes, any pointers would be highly
appreciated as I find the api a bit overwhelming.

Thank you very much,

Geir Pettersen