uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fail to deploy service in UIMA AS
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:17:23 GMT
In order to run the Tagger annotator the Java classpath has to include
the classes directory in the Tagger project. Without that cvd will
not work, nor will anything else trying to run the annotator.

For me, deployAsyncService works by previously doing:
set UIMA_CLASSPATH=\workspace\Tagger\target\classes

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM, LinTong <pcu84424@gmail.com> wrote:
> @ Eddie
> The desriptors of the annotators I use are provided by UIMA sandbox so
> that they run perfect in UIMA or cvd. But it failed when I tried to
> deploy it as a UIMA AS service.
>

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try running cvd from the command line and loading that annotator:
>> Run->Load AE and select the simple UIMA descriptor, not the
>> UIMA AS deployment descriptor. Presumably will get the same error.
>>
>> Need to figure out which environment parameters to set.
>> Check out the run configuration that is working.
>>
>> Eddie
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM, LinTong <pcu84424@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> @Jaroslaw
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help. I thought the configuration of classpath had
>>> problems because it was the only difference I can imagine between my
>>> two computers. But all the analyse engines I use, e.g. Hidden Markov
>>> Model Tagger Annotator, are parts of UIMA sandbox, and I have put the
>>> jar file "uima-sandbox-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" in the folder

Markov
UIMA-AS.
Sometimes

On my