uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CAS Visual Debugger ignoring logger properties
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:55:24 GMT
On 7/30/2010 12:14, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The CAS Visual Debugger ingores the logger properties file. It does not log to console
und writes uima.log into my home directory. The VM arguments in Eclipse's Run Configuration
say:

> "-Djava.util.logging.config.file=${project_loc}/conf/FileConsoleLogger.properties"
>
> The logger is used by
>
> this.getContext().getLogger().Log(Level.INFO, ...);
>
> in a very simple annotator using Java regular expressions. It is as simple as one of
the easiest examples given in the UIMA tutorial.

> Thanks
>
> Armin

Yes, that's probably true.  I think what happens, but I'm
by no means sure, is that CVD uses the UIMA core logging
setup, which I think is defined in a logging properties
file somewhere.  Feel free to submit a patch if this is
a big enough issue for you.

While looking at the code, I also saw that CVD is trying
to load its own private logging properties file, which
no longer seems to exist.  No idea when that happened.

--Thilo