uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Turbati <turb...@info.uniroma2.it>
Subject newbie aggregate AE
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:25:12 GMT
Hi all,
I'm a newbie and I'm trying to build an aggregate AE from two (very
simple) AE.
On this guide
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs/pdf/tutorials_and_users_guides.pdf

on page  49 (55) there is an example of an aggregate AE Descriptor, so
I've copied and this is my AAE descriptor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
<frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
<primitive>false</primitive>
<delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
<delegateAnalysisEngine key="SimpleName">
<import location="./SimpleName/SimpleName_pear.xml"/>
</delegateAnalysisEngine>
<delegateAnalysisEngine key="EmailRecognizer">
<import location="./EmailRecognizer/EmailRecognizer_pear.xml" />
</delegateAnalysisEngine>
</delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
<analysisEngineMetaData>
<name>Aggregate AE - Room Number and DateTime Annotators</name>
<description>Detects Room Numbers, Dates, and Times</description>
<flowConstraints>
<fixedFlow>
<node>SimpleName</node>
<node>EmailRecognizer</node>
</fixedFlow>
</flowConstraints>
</analysisEngineMetaData>
</analysisEngineDescription>

And this is the java code I'm using:

             pearDir = new File(aggregateAEPath).toURI();
             browser = new PackageBrowser(new File(pearDir.getPath()));
             in = new XMLInputSource(aggregateAEFilePath);
             specifier =
UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseResourceSpecifier(in);
             resManager = UIMAFramework.newDefaultResourceManager();

resManager.setExtensionClassPath(aeSimpleNamePath+"/bin",true); // TODO
check if this is necessary
             resManager.setExtensionClassPath(aeEmailPath+"/bin",true);
// TODO check if this is necessary
             ae = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(specifier,
resManager, null);
             ae.setConfigParameterValue("Encoding", "UTF-8");
             annotCas = ae.newJCas();
             annotCas.setDocumentText(textToBeAnnotatate);
             annotCas.setDocumentLanguage("it");
             ae.process(annotCas);
             FSIndex indexAnnotations = annotCas.getAnnotationIndex();
             Iterator<Annotation> annoIt = indexAnnotations.iterator();
             while(annoIt.hasNext()){
                 Annotation annotation = annoIt.next();
                 String text = annotation.getCoveredText();
                 int begin = annotation.getBegin();
                 int end = annotation.getEnd();
                 String type = annotation.getType().getName();
                 System.out.println("text: "+text+"\tbegin:
"+begin+"\tend:"+end+"\ttype:"+type);
             }

The problem is that the last System.out.println prints just all the
input text and no annoation, while if I use a very similar code with the
two simple AE I get all the annotation.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andrea

Dott. Andrea Turbati

AI Research Group PhD student,

Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

e_mail: turbati@info.uniroma2.it

home page: http://art.uniroma2.it/turbati/