uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Turbati <turb...@info.uniroma2.it>
Subject Re: newbie aggregate AE
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:32:08 GMT
Thanks for the anwer.
At the moment I've unzipped the pear so, and the AAE descriptor points
to the two directory. Maybe I've written a bad java code, but it's
copied from another project where I used one of the two unzipped simple
AE and it works fine.
What is the right way to call an AAE from a java sofware?

Thanks

Andrea

Il 16/06/2010 14:22, Marshall Schor ha scritto:
> Does it work if you don't use PEARs?
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 6/15/2010 4:25 AM, Andrea Turbati wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm a newbie and I'm trying to build an aggregate AE from two (very
>> simple) AE.
>> On this guide
>> http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs/pdf/tutorials_and_users_guides.pdf
>> on page  49 (55) there is an example of an aggregate AE Descriptor, so
>> I've copied and this is my AAE descriptor:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <analysisEngineDescription
>> xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
>> <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
>> <primitive>false</primitive>
>> <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
>> <delegateAnalysisEngine key="SimpleName">
>> <import location="./SimpleName/SimpleName_pear.xml"/>
>> </delegateAnalysisEngine>
>> <delegateAnalysisEngine key="EmailRecognizer">
>> <import location="./EmailRecognizer/EmailRecognizer_pear.xml" />
>> </delegateAnalysisEngine>
>> </delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
>> <analysisEngineMetaData>
>> <name>Aggregate AE - Room Number and DateTime Annotators</name>
>> <description>Detects Room Numbers, Dates, and Times</description>
>> <flowConstraints>
>> <fixedFlow>
>> <node>SimpleName</node>
>> <node>EmailRecognizer</node>
>> </fixedFlow>
>> </flowConstraints>
>> </analysisEngineMetaData>
>> </analysisEngineDescription>
>>
>> And this is the java code I'm using:

>>              pearDir = new File(aggregateAEPath).toURI();
>>              browser = new PackageBrowser(new File(pearDir.getPath()));
>>              in = new XMLInputSource(aggregateAEFilePath);
>>              specifier =
>> UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseResourceSpecifier(in);
>>              resManager = UIMAFramework.newDefaultResourceManager();
>>
>> resManager.setExtensionClassPath(aeSimpleNamePath+"/bin",true); //
>> TODO check if this is necessary
>>              resManager.setExtensionClassPath(aeEmailPath+"/bin",true);
>> // TODO check if this is necessary
>>              ae = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(specifier,
>> resManager, null);
>>              ae.setConfigParameterValue("Encoding", "UTF-8");
>>              annotCas = ae.newJCas();
>>              annotCas.setDocumentText(textToBeAnnotatate);
>>              annotCas.setDocumentLanguage("it");
>>              ae.process(annotCas);
>>              FSIndex indexAnnotations = annotCas.getAnnotationIndex();
>>              Iterator<Annotation>  annoIt = indexAnnotations.iterator();
>>              while(annoIt.hasNext()){
>>                  Annotation annotation = annoIt.next();
>>                  String text = annotation.getCoveredText();
>>                  int begin = annotation.getBegin();
>>                  int end = annotation.getEnd();
>>                  String type = annotation.getType().getName();
>>                  System.out.println("text: "+text+"\tbegin:
>> "+begin+"\tend:"+end+"\ttype:"+type);
>>              }
>>
>> The problem is that the last System.out.println prints just all the
> [...]

Dott. Andrea Turbati

AI Research Group PhD student,

Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

e_mail: turbati@info.uniroma2.it

home page: http://art.uniroma2.it/turbati/