uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Martin Schafföner <the.sha...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem with xml namespace handling in XmiCasDocSerializer
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:51:57 GMT
Hi,

while experimenting with UIMA I observed a problem similar to the one
already posted here: http://tinyurl.com/32spzv9. Since removing Saxon from
the classpath was not an option, I found the problem to be the way
namespaces are handled in
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.XmiCasSerializer$XmiCasDocSerializer.

First of all, the addAttribute/3 method was incorrectly passing null as uri
and localName parameters. According to the javadoc, these must at least be
empty strings. I added a hack to extract the localName from the qName, if
available.

Second, the method computeNamespaceDeclarationAttrs/1 only added namespaces
as attributes, which are not honored by Saxon. I think this is correct, as
the SAX2 standard states that namespaces must be declared via
startPrefixMapping/2, so I added that, as well.

Attached you find a patch with changes which work for me (and seem to solve
the problem).

Cheers,
Martin






Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message