uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Götz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Classpath/Classloader issue
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:52:41 GMT
On 6/29/2010 19:26, Serg wrote:
> Serg <vasyaichev@...> writes:
>>
>> If I put WS jars into JMV /ext dir -it will work.
>> I created another version of web-service client based on Axis. And it works
>> without moving Axis jars to JVM re/lib/ext directory. All Axis jars are in
>> PEAR/lib directory. Surprise
>>

> So I don't understand why Axis jars are found but JAX-WS jars -not?

Presumably because they use a different classloading strategy.
Anything that doesn't do any fancy classloading stuff will
work in a pear.  This is no different in other runtime containers,
e.g., J2EE containers.  JAX-WS is supposed to be provided by the
container, not each application that is deployed into the container.
I'm mostly guessing here, but I don't think I'm too far off.

--Thilo