uima-user mailing list archives

From Eric Riebling <e...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject XMI Collection Reader vs. CAS Consumer
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:47:38 GMT
It seems to me like a good idea that the default/expected file extensions
read and written by the XMI CR and CAS Consumer should be the same.
As things stand, the CAS Consumer writes files like "doc0, doc1, doc2..."
but the Collection Reader ignores them because they don't end have
extensions.  ("doc0.xmi, doc1.xmi, doc2.xmi...")

I'm not sure if this is by design, for a reason, or an oversight.  I know
it's very useful to add a new annotation to a set of already-annotated documents
saved in XMI format, especially
if the annotations they contain took a lot of time to produce, but it
requires one to go through the extra step of renaming them.

--
Eric Riebling  GHC 6713,  LTI,   SCS,  CMU
412.268.9872   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~er1k