uima-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Bearden <cfbear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem configuring a UIMA component as a Vinci service.
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:06:33 GMT
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the tips.  I now have it running.  I was missing some JARs
in the classpaths in the service descriptor and in the invocation of
the CPE.  Also, it looks like the
org.apache.uima.reference_impl.collection.service.vinci.VinciAnalysisEnginerService_impl
class used in the service descriptor example in 2.5.1 of the user
guide is now org.apache.uima.adapter.vinci.VinciAnalysisEngineService_impl.
 I had read that section and was cribbing my CPE casProcessor
definition from their example, but I did add in VNS_HOST and VNS_PORT
from elsewhere, having overlooked that the CPE would start its own VNS
service.  The major clues came in a log file named for the aggregate
AE CAS processor plus the number of seconds since the beginning of the
Unix epoch.

We can now have 6 instances of the AE running, which greatly speeds up
the concept extraction.

Thanks again,
Chuck