uima-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Fish <brandon.j.f...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA-AS Client Application Project Layout and Example
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:12:01 GMT
I am interested in building a client application for UIMA-AS and I am
wondering what the recommended project layout is for a client application. I
am asking because it appears there might be some classpath or directory
layout issues if I use UIMA outside of its distribution layout.

Some different layout ideas I had were:

   - Using Maven to embed UIMA and manage all dependencies
   - Create a project side by side with the UIMA binaries externally
   - Creating a project with the UIMA binaries embedded
   - A combination of the above

What is the best project layout to build a client application? Also, how do
you manage your plugins?
All of the examples were for running batch scripts against the binary
distribution. Are there any examples of a client application?