uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with "deserializeCasFromXmi" after using C++ AS Annotator
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:38:20 GMT
Hi,

Well, I tried another, simpler scenario based on your description:

Just add the following to DaveDetector.xml:
    <typeDescription>
      <name>uima.tcas.Chris</name>
      <description></description>
      <supertypeName>uima.tcas.Annotation</supertypeName>
      <features>
  	<featureDescription>
  	  <name>documentURL</name>
  	  <description></description>
  	  <rangeTypeName>uima.cas.String</rangeTypeName>
  	</featureDescription>
      </features>
    </typeDescription>

Create the following CasXmi file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xmi:XMI xmlns:cas="http:///uima/cas.ecore"
xmlns:tcas="http:///uima/tcas.ecore"
xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"  xmi:version="2.0">
<cas:NULL xmi:id="0"/>
 <cas:Sofa xmi:id="1" sofaNum="1" sofaID="_InitialView"
mimeType="text" sofaString="This is a text document with Dave for
analysis"/>
 <tcas:DocumentAnnotation xmi:id="8" sofa="1" begin="0" end="46" language=""/>
 <tcas:Chris xmi:id="20" sofa="1" begin="0" end="1"
documentURL="http://www.gesundheitsnachrichten.net/live/navigation/live.php?navigation_id=11&amp;_psmand=1"/>
<cas:View sofa="1" members="8 20"/>
</xmi:XMI>

Launch the unaltered DaveDetector as a service, have CVD connect to it
via JMS service descriptor, use File->Read Xmi Cas File to load the test Cas,
use Run->Run DaveDetector On CAS to call the remote service, and, finally
expand the annotation index to see the results. No problems.

This was using something close to uima-2.3.0.

Eddie



On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Christoph Buescher
<christophbuescher@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Eddie,
>
> unfortunately I'm out of the office today so I can only send you the unit
> test reproducing the problem on monday. But our scenario is more or less the
> following:
>
> - A CPE running several Java AEs first, then send the CAS to a remote AS
> Service which is a C++ AE
> - the collection reader adds a FS with document metadata (including the
> String Feature "URL") to the CAS. This FS directly extends the Top-Type, not
> Annotation.
> - I used the unaltered DaveDetector to replace our own C++ AE to reproduce
> the problem
>
> For the unit test I wrote a "No-OP" Java AE which uses a Typesystem only
> including this "DocumentData" FS with only this one String Feature. I used a
> Custom Resource Specifier like in the AS Documentation to reference the
> DaveDetector on a remote machine. I then create a CAS using the
> CasCreationUtil which in turn uses the "No-OP" AE descriptor and the
> DaveDetector-Resource Specifier. I then add the problematic Feature in
> question and call "process" on the remote Dave-AE. Then the exception I
> mentioned in my earlier mail happens.
>
> I will send you the test code on monday and also try to use CVD to reproduce
> the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Christoph

Mime
View raw message