uima-user mailing list archives

From michael <mi...@adam.com.au>
Subject UIMA and version conflicts
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:22:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use UIMA to run multiple Analysis Engines over a single CAS in a Java application
(not web/ tomcat stuff).
Each Analysis Engine descriptor will have been installed from its own pear file and may have
dependencies upon versions of jar files included in the pear that conflict with those in other
installed pears. I have been trying to do this using code similar to that in the Run CPE GUI.
But it seems to assume one Resource Manager must be shared between the Collection Reader and
each Analysis Engine. So I am stumped.
1) Can a single CAS have a different Resource Managers to define the classpaths for each Analysis
Engine that populates it?
2) If no, Would UIMA-AS be a solution?
3) Parameter overrides need to be able to be applied to the Analysis Engines before they are
run. Does this mean I cannot use UIMA-AS?

thanks in advance,
-Michael.