uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compatibility issues of uimacpp vs. uimaj using uima-as
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 21:51:14 GMT
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Matthias Wendt
<matthias.wendt@neofonie.de> wrote:
> I finally found out the difference between the two scenarios. My Annotator
> has "multipleReferencesAllowed" set to true.

Bingo! Problem reproduced here too. Is a bug in Xmi serialization
replies. Normally all features of a type to be sent are checked to
look for FS references. This check is done correctly for new types
created in the service, but missed for types received by a C++
service.

As you already guessed, a workaround with the current code is to add
the new StringArrayFS to the index repository. Will be fixed in the
upcoming release.

Many thanks for your time isolating this.
Eddie