uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compatibility issues of uimacpp vs. uimaj using uima-as
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:10:39 GMT
So the only difference in your scenario is to use deployAsyncService?
Both use the same deployCppService executable. The only functional
difference could be the environment picked up from specified
<environmentVariables>.

Since yours has name="LD_LIBRARY_PATH">${lib.dir}, I also tried with a
Linux build, but had no problem there either.

Just to be clear, you are seeing the problem with the minimal
DaveDetector scenario? If so, using fairly recent SVN code for both
uimaj and uimacpp? There were some changes recently dealing with
quiesce and shutdown of deployCppService, but no changes in XMI CAS
serialization on either side for some months.

The only other thing I can think to suggest is putting an XMI dump in
the uimacpp annotator service on entry and before it returns the CAS
to confirm that the service inputs and outputs are what you expect.

Eddie

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Matthias Wendt
<matthias.wendt@neofonie.de> wrote:
> Eddie Epstein schrieb:
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> I'm having trouble reproducing the problem with the latest uimacpp
>> code. Please correct this scenario:
>>
>> 1. Modify type definition for David in DaveDetector.xml to add a
>> StringArrayFS feature:
>> 2. Modify DaveDetector.cpp to add the array to an FS in the incoming CAS:
>
> Pretty much the same
>>
>> 3. Launch DaveDetector as a service (with broker running on
>> tcp://localhost:61616)
>>    C:\uimacpp\examples>deploycppservice descriptors\DaveDetector.xml
>> DaveDetector
>>
>
> 3.a Create a deployment descriptor:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <analysisEngineDeploymentDescription
> xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
>  <deployment protocol="jms" provider="activemq">
>   <service>
>     <inputQueue endpoint="DaveDetector" brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616"
> prefetch="1"/>
>     <!-- if arrays don't survive, comment custom element -->
>     <custom name="run_top_level_CPP_service_as_separate_process"/>
>     <environmentVariables>
>       <environmentVariable
> name="LD_LIBRARY_PATH">${lib.dir}</environmentVariable>
>     </environmentVariables>
>     <topDescriptor>
>       <import location="descriptors\DaveDetector.xml"/>
>     </topDescriptor>
>     <analysisEngine async="false">
>       <scaleout numberOfInstances="1"/>
>     </analysisEngine>
>   </service>
>  </deployment>
> </analysisEngineDeploymentDescription>
>
> 3.b Start the Service from uimaj:
> deployAsyncService DeployDaveDetector.xml
>
> Try steps 4-6 again.
> That seems to be the only obvious difference. To be sure, I also tried the
> cvd as in the example below and had the same effect when I send a
> handcrafted .xmi to my service.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>

Mime
View raw message