uima-user mailing list archives

From Rogan Creswick <cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CasEditor -- Cumbersome UI, or am I just overlooking something?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:08:51 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> It would help us a lot if you would look at the upcoming release's
> documentation for the CAS Editor and let us know where and how it could
> be improved.  You can find the latest built docs in the binary version
> of the "uimaj" release candidate on
> http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.0-RC2/ -- in
> the docs directory - it's a chapter in the "tools" book..

Thanks!

That helps a lot. I was actually expecting that the CasEditor would
let me edit the text of the documents and then specify annotations
with a context menu (or something like that) so it never occurred to
me to try pressing <enter> to create an annotation.

For what it's worth, if I run eclipse with nothing but the runtime jar
in the dropins folder, I don't get a lot of the views (perhaps *none*
of the views?) for the Cas Editor.

--Rogan