uima-user mailing list archives

From Rogan Creswick <cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CasEditor -- Cumbersome UI, or am I just overlooking something?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:36:00 GMT
I've found solutions to some of my problems, notes in-line below, for
the record.

(adding and adjusting annotations still seems to be quite difficult though...)

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Rogan Creswick <creswick@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't been able to get the current svn version to create a CAS
> project correctly (I can't find any way to add a typesystem, or
> specify corpus folders via the UI). I was able to do this with an
> older stand-alone RCP version of the Cas Editor, so I copied a project
> from there, but that's not a long-term solution.

I was only using the CasEditor plugin in Eclipse when I posted my
first email. Compiling and installing all the following plugins into
the eclipse dropins folder added quite a few necessary features.
These plugins are:

org.apache.uima.caseditor_2.3.0.incubating.jar
org.apache.uima.desceditor_2.3.0.incubating.jar
org.apache.uima.jcas.jcasgenp_2.3.0.incubating.jar
org.apache.uima.pear_2.3.0.incubating.jar
org.apache.uima.runtime_2.3.0.incubating.jar

> I have also been unable to find a way to add annotations to a
> document, or create a new xcas file.  (I can create a file named
> foo.xcas, in a corpus folder, but it is just a plain text file --
> there doesn't seem to be a 'new xcas file' option that will populate
> the file with the proper boilerplate.

To create a new XCAS file, right-click on a corpus folder in a
CasEditor project in the Corpus Explorer view, and select 'import'.
Then, choose "Document" from under Cas Editor in the 'Create a
Document' dialog that appears.  Click 'Next', then use the add/remove
buttons to choose the files you want to import.

Finally, click Finish, and the files should be created (with an xmi extension).

Adding annotations is still difficult, however.  Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated!