uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Wendt <matthias.we...@neofonie.de>
Subject InvalidMessageException in uima-as
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:39:09 GMT
Hello *,

I have a problem in my UIMA-AS pipeline. Seems that something is wrong
with the active-mq message. The stacktrace is copied below.

I can't figure out, what's wrong. Maybe it is related to an issue with
serialization.

Don't know if this is related, but when setting up the pipeline, I was
having serious struggles with XMI-Serialization. Since non-"XML
1.0"-characters are not allowed, I excluded them, however, there where
still problems when XML-reserved characters like the '&' appeared in the
URL-field of a document. Since URLs are not needed, I excluded them but
maybe there is yet another caveat correlated to this.?

The affected queue seems to be the reply queue of the last remote
delegate in the aggregate.

As you can see from the stacktrace, the exception does not come from any
of the delegates, but it is handled like a process-Error and the
enclosing aggregate is stopped when the error threshold is exceeded.
Also, the delegate service was still up and running and JMX monitoring
displayed no process errors - and the logs didn't either.

WARN  org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.ProcessCasErrorHandler  - {0}
org.apache.uima.aae.error.InvalidMessageException
        at
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsInputChannel.onMessage(JmsInputChannel.java:554)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doInvokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:518)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.invokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:479)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doExecuteListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:451)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.doReceiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:32
3)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.receiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.invokeListener(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.
java:982)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.executeOngoingLoop(DefaultMessageListenerContai
ner.java:974)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:876)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any hints are welcome. I guess more detail is needed to ultimately
identify the problem, but I have no idea in which direction I have to
look for it....

Regards,
Matthias