uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@ki.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: CasEditor -- Cumbersome UI, or am I just overlooking something?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:42:03 GMT
Hello,
>>    * The Cas Editor could track insertions / deletions of content and
>> shift subsequent annotations to account for these changes.  This is
>> extremely difficult to do correctly when hand-editing the xcas xml.
>>
> The Cas Editor is not intend to edit the text, and I think
> it is not really possible to make it in such a way that the
> users knows what happens to the Annotations/Feature Structures.
>
> We can try to speed up the process of turning a text file into a CAS
> with maybe some special actions or so.
Some of my undergrade students had to write an extension for the CEV
plugin that protocols the insertions and deletions of the opened xmiCAS
file and changes the annotations when saving. If there is interest in
this, then I could provide that functionality for the CEV plugin
sometime after improving the code. The goal of the extension is mainly
to to support the maintenance of already annotated documents, e.g., for
further anonymization.

Furthermore, a plugin in the TextMarker build provides a popup that
converts text or word processing documents to xmiCAS (one click), but it
is not yet documented.

Peter

--
Peter Klügl