uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: CasEditor -- Cumbersome UI, or am I just overlooking something?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:13:49 GMT

Rogan Creswick wrote:
> I've found solutions to some of my problems, notes in-line below, for
> the record.
>
> (adding and adjusting annotations still seems to be quite difficult though...)
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Rogan Creswick <creswick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't been able to get the current svn version to create a CAS
>> project correctly (I can't find any way to add a typesystem, or
>> specify corpus folders via the UI). I was able to do this with an
>> older stand-alone RCP version of the Cas Editor, so I copied a project
>> from there, but that's not a long-term solution.
>>

> I was only using the CasEditor plugin in Eclipse when I posted my
> first email. Compiling and installing all the following plugins into
> the eclipse dropins folder added quite a few necessary features.
> These plugins are:
>
> org.apache.uima.caseditor_2.3.0.incubating.jar
> org.apache.uima.desceditor_2.3.0.incubating.jar
> org.apache.uima.jcas.jcasgenp_2.3.0.incubating.jar
> org.apache.uima.pear_2.3.0.incubating.jar
> org.apache.uima.runtime_2.3.0.incubating.jar

I'm pretty sure the only one you needed was the runtime jar.

It would help us a lot if you would look at the upcoming release's
documentation for the CAS Editor and let us know where and how it could
be improved.  You can find the latest built docs in the binary version
of the "uimaj" release candidate on
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.0-RC2/ -- in
the docs directory - it's a chapter in the "tools" book..

-Marshall