uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA AS as OSGI bundle
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:47:19 GMT
Jörn, not sure how I feel about this yet. What you are proposing is to add a
list of dependent jars into the
manifest.mf files found in the Uima AS jars. There may be a problem with
this. ActiveMQ jars, for example,
are named differently in each release.Some users (perhaps) may want to
switch between say AMQ 5.2.2 and 4.1.1 and with a hard
dependency in the manifest  there may be a runtime problem. How do you
resolve such a problem?

JC

Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
> Jörn, the Uima AS client is dependent on:
>
> spring
> saxon
> activemq
> uima-core
> uimaj-as-core
> uimaj-as-jms
> uimaj-as-activemq
>
> If the client needs to communicate with a service via http protocol, there
> are additional/optional jars
> but I think you are using tcp protocol to connect to a broker.
>
> As far as OSGi, I dont think this is on our plate now.

Would you support adding an osgi manifest.mf to the
uimaj-as-xxx jars ? This could be done with the maven felix
bundle plugin. I could help out here.

For uimaj-as-core and uimaj-as-jms it easy but for
uimaj-as-activemq it is a bit tricky because it has so
many dependencies like derby which I doubt it really needs.

Jörn