uima-user mailing list archives

From Eugenie Giesbrecht <egies...@Uni-Osnabrueck.DE>
Subject Re: Counting Feature Values
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:57:26 GMT
Hi Leonardo,

if you are interested only in the number of classes of POS tags and
you are using the "native" UIMA Tagger, the "easy" way is to run
JUnit TaggerTest of the Tagger package. The output on the console
will show you both the  number of classes ( smth like "Number of part-
of-speech tags used: 93" ) as well as the tags that are used.

Best,
Eugenie

On Mar 30, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Thilo Goetz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is no "easy" way.  I would iterate over the annotations,
> put the feature values in sets and check the cardinality of the
> sets when done.  You've probably figured this out yourself...
>
> --Thilo
>
> Leonardo Mendes wrote:
>> Hi folks!
>> Is there a simple way to count all different values of a feature in a
>> annotation?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> TokenAnnotation
>>        -WordFeature
>>        -POSFeature
>>
>> How to know how many POS classes i have in my cas?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Leonardo Silva Kury Aragão Mendes
>> Bacharel em Ciência da Computação