uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Classpath problem when opening AE descriptor
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:59:06 GMT
Kai Schlamp wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I added to a Eclipse Plug-in project some 3rd party UIMA stuff, like
> analysis and descriptors.
> All works fine when I run the annotators inside my RCP application as
> all the stuff is on the classpath of the UIMA plugin (thanks to
> Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: org.apache.uima.runtime).
> But when I open one of the descriptors inside my Eclipse IDE itself I
> get an error message cause the descriptor imports a type system that is
> also found in the plug in, but not in the classpath of the Eclipse IDE
> (thats what I think the error comes from).
> Anyone know how to add something to the Eclipse IDE classpath (not the
> project classpath!)?
> Or any other suggestions how to solve that problem?
>
> The error message:
> "Error in Descriptor"
>
> "The descriptor has oneor more errors. Please fix in the source editor.
> ResourceInitializationException: An import could not be resolved. No
> .xml file with name "typeSystem.CCPTypeSystem" was found in the class
> path or data path. .... "

I agree with everything Tong said, but just to make sure we're
on the same page: it looks to me like all you need to do is add
the directory where ypeSystem.CCPTypeSystem.xml lives to the
classpath of the project that contains the descriptor that's
throwing the error.  In the simplest case, suppose both files
live in the "desc" folder of some project.  Then "add as source
folder" the desc folder, and you're done.  I always do that
anyway, because I always use "import by name".

If this wasn't your problem, please give more details.

--Thilo