uima-user mailing list archives

From "Tong Fin" <tong....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene cas consumer
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 03:50:42 GMT
Related to the type mapping's topic:

The "Simple Server" in the Sandbox (contributed by Thilo et al.) also has
the notion of type mapping. Its main goal is to make UIMA output "easily
consumable" by other tools without doing UIMA programming. The mapping is
specified in an XML descriptor and, under the cover, it uses xml bean
(JSR-173) to do the mapping from user-types to UIMA types.
When I did the work to extend this Simple Server to support UIMA-AS, I also
investigated the approaches related to "type mapping".

>From my investigation and prototyping, I have the following possibilities do
the type mapping (with constraints or filters):
1. xml-based descriptor (as Simple Server)
2. Ecore + OCL (Object Constraint Language) - if you like modeling :)
3. Script based on JSR-223 (i.e, JavaScript, Groovy, ...)

 Tong