uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Override annotation
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:28:41 GMT
Can we assume the two AEs are components you do not want to (or can't)
modify?  Because if you could modify AE2, it could check to see if VAL1
was already annotated, and if so, skip doing the annotation.

You could write an annotator that would run after AE1 and AE2, and scan
the Annotations in the CAS, looking for instances where VAL1 was
annotated twice, and remove the duplicate - would that address your concern?

-Marshall

Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to override the annotation done by the previous analysis engine based on
start offset values in current Analysis Engine.
> Suppose, there are two AEs - AE1 and AE2. AE1 has annotated VAL1. When the AE2 run, it
again annotate the VAL1. So, I need to override the annotation made by the AE1 when AE2 annotate
the same VAL1.